Saturday, December 17, 2011

The news hit home, hit my heart...it hit hard!

Salam,

This morning, at my mum...going through my facebook..checking updates, shared links n pictures of friends and families, i came acrosss link that was shared by my student. About the famous missing malaysian boy who studies in ireland. Turns out, days after the news, pictures of him married had circulated on the net. What made it jaw dropping, he married another man. What effected me was, i know him. He is my best friend in high school.

I still remember when he announced to me that he's not straight,i was driving and i jammed the break so hard. I was speechless...but i love him dearly. He is one of my best friend.

He called and say he's back from ireland, years after he announced his sexuality to me, we decided to meet up. We both had new things to introduced, i already have my hijab on...he have jonathan. He look happy, but i couldnt look. I couldnt judge...deep inside i was just praying.

Once in a while, i think about him and wonder how is he doing, we were friends since we're 13. we fight, we laugh, we tease and we hear each other out. We'll talk for hours about life, about everything and nothing. When i saw the pictures, i saw the same school boy i knew. His grin. Should i condemn him? Like certain people who barely knew him, throwing words so easy, blaming everything that they knew so little about...i wanted to say, u don't even know him...what makes u have the right for your assumption?

He is my best friend, i have at least the right to say, may God protect u my friend. Love u always!

Salam+peace,
H

3 comments:

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Thank you for this honest and heartfelt post :) I miss your regular updates :) how are you?

hajar aman shah said...

Hi becky, i have tonnes of things to share actually...but yeah, Auji got me rather preoccupied most of the time. He's started rolling over last month, he's starting to crawl...i might be running around after him soon...but in the meantime, i try to update as much as possible. Thank you for STILL reading my blog...hugsss...miss u!

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Awww miss you too hun, and of course I'm still reading :)