Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My mum made me feel like I'm a planet

salam,
This is what happen when we shopped for my maternity pants today;
I finally admit that it's about time that I get myself one of those maternity pants. Some of my friends swore by it, but since most of my clothes are loose fitting, it had helped me hold on to most of my clothes. Except for my pants. My belly is growing and besides my drawstrings and pajama pants, I hardly have any other pants to wear. So today my mum decided to find maternity pants for me. We went to the nearest mall, near my mum's house, and we started looking through some of the maternity pants. I'm a jeans person, so I was thrilled to see they have 'jeans' looking maternity pants. Straight away, aware that I've grown a few inches *ehem* beyond my waistline, I grabbed a size L. Accepting that I'm normal-pregnant lady-ballooning. The jeans has some elastic fabric on it, and its stretchy. It's a comfortable pants, compared to my last pair of jeans that I'm clinging on. I come out of the changing room to show my mum, and she asked if it was 'tight', because it look snugged especially on the thigh. It's comfortable, but I'm only 5 months pregnant, and I still have more than a couple of months to go through, insyaAllah. More room would be a good for the long run, so I agreed to try another size bigger. yes, XL. Again, I went into the changing room and try it on. It does feel room-ier, and to be realistic of the anticipated size I'll grow into, I feel great getting this pants. It looks great and it feel WONDERFUL. So, I come out of the changing room to show my mum that this pants is great, she keep looking at my thigh, and asked if its tight again. Again, I told her it's stretchable, and I think I'm fine. She asked if there's another size up. My jaw dropped, and told her that they have 'XXL'.

Mum:"Why don't you try it on"
Me: "Okay, if you insist, but do know that you're making me feel more depressed"

We laughed it out, as I try the XXL size. I was more than relief to feel the elastic part barely hanging on to anything, doubting that I'll ever go that big for the next 4 months or so. So for the last time, I stepped out of the changing room, not feeling like I'm a planet anymore. and glad that my mum also thinks that I'm not that huge...ahhahahah...Love you ma!

I read a lot about pregnant women feeling all depressed about ballooning, feeling fat, and I being a person who barely feel too conscious about my 'size', never thought I'll ever understand how they feel. To me, as long as I'm eating right and try to keep myself healthy, it's good enough for me. Being thin or skinny was something I battled with during my teen life, and getting over it was a huge liberation. But to tell you frankly, I was not prepared of how huge pregnant women can really get. I was surprised last week to look myself in the mirror and see how 'HUGE' I look. and at that point, I finally understood everything I read. Especially today when my mum, by no intention of course, make me feel like a planet...ahahha..

I can't wait to get VERY huge and embrace it now.

Love+Peace,
H


5 comments:

LK said...

Aw such a cute story :)

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Awwww, your Mum sounds wonderful, mashAllah.

It's funny, like you, I feel very comfortable with my weight, and honestly am having a very hard time imagining feeling "fat" or "huge" from getting pregnant. I guess everything just looks bigger when you're looking down on it yourself, compared to when seen from the outside :P I'm sure you're a very beautiful pregnant lady!

Rain said...

Reliving the struggle would be worse than living it in the first place,so it's good that you're ready to accept and embrace it
Besides after you deliver the baby en sha Allah you will be able to lose the extra weight

I love the look of pregnant women,I think they are so pretty,and it's only natural to look "balloony" it's actually cute :))

hajar aman shah said...

aww...thank you all of you for all your lovely words and comment. :)
you girls make this 'ballooning pregnant' lady feels wonderful..

Anonymous said...

lol! :)