Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Movie Recommendation: The Social Network

Salam,
I love watching and reading stories, and it explains why I love to read blog, read books and watch movie to even write about it. I find there's similar memories in many stories and how we all somehow look for trails to relate. Sometimes we don't have the connection, but when you speak of emotion, we really don't need to have the same experience to feel it. One way or another we understood it, we fell in love, we got our heart broken, we feel betrayed, the times we let ourselves be a fool and etc and etc. There a billion of possibilities to feel that emotion, and there's billion stories that goes talking about it. So my appreciation of movies is a bit sometimes complicated, some might call me a 'romantic' person for needing to go to deep into sensing a movie. But hey, everyone has their thing...

When I went to my mum's last week, the Golden Globe was on, and they were giving the award to the best picture award. The nominee was 'Black Swan', 'The Fighter', 'Inception', 'The King's Speech' and 'The Social Network'. Obviously, 'The Inception' blew my mind away. I even surpassed it after 'The Matrix'. It's a very smart movie, I think. The movie impresses me. So when I saw a story about 'facebook' won, I got curious. Better than Inception? wow...must be good. How could a non-state of the art-CGI-packed, actually impressed the HFPA? So I watched it. and to say the least, it's VERY recommended.

If I were to say it in a technical aspect, it was not as shabby as any another non-CGI movies. The cinematography and shots was rather beautiful, and the storyline was quick and straight the point. Which i like. Of course, there's cliche plots here and there, but nothing dragged, so to me it was acceptable. As for the story? some might say it is quite an expectation of another 'bill-gates'/'elite law suit story'/'story friendship-betrayal'....heck, it's all that roll into one. some just do it for the money, some do it for power, some do it for fun....and some just do it to impress some 'girl'. nothing complicated, and nothing was out of expectation either...but not lame or cliche either. Soundtracks and score was also very smart. So I applauded for their win, and the fact that the screenplay, and the director tell a very nice story. If it were a book, I would enjoy closing it at the end.

and yes, it's about facebook...*groan* ahahaha



Love+Peace,
H

2 comments:

Rebekka @ Becky's Kaleidoscope said...

Interesting, I hadn't really wanted to see this movie, but I might give it a try now :)Thank you for sharing!

hajar aman shah said...

tell me what you think, okay?